Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Come Back Home /Part 1/

Like many others, my home is the place I feel the most comfortable and relaxed. In my country we call a home or house “Ger”. Ger is a kind of tent, which has been used for hundred years in Mongolia. It’s round white and easy to move from one place to another. It proves that Mongolia has a completely different way of living style compared to other countries; foreigners even call us Nomadic people because of our ancestors’ historical nomadic lifestyle. If I describe a bit about the Ger, depends on how many walls they have, the sizes are different. Basically one normal sized Ger, which has five walls, is for a small family with three members. Until I became a student, every summer when my family goes on holiday we usually stay in the Ger. The Ger locates commonly in rural areas of the country. So during the autumn, winter and spring we live in one of the small cities, where we never have seen any traffic jam.

Five of us live in a three-bedroom apartment. It’s not because my parents couldn’t afford a house; they rather to invest it in us than spending it for living or paying for a big house. The houses are a bit pricey in Mongolia. I find my home cozy and warm to live, even my brothers had to share one bedroom. My apartment is located on the 11th floor in the middle of the city center. Every morning when the sun rises it says me “Hello to your new day” before anyone else and the sun keeps the rooms light and warm whole day. At night the view of the city sparkles through my bedroom window. I love to see the view of the surroundings and nature. All these made me fall in love with big windows. Wherever I go and stay, the size of the windows plays main role to make me feel like home. The bigger the windows are the more comfortable I am. Last 3 years I am staying far away from my home and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment