Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What does "Cool" mean to me?

“Cool” can describe different meanings. If I explain the word cool an as adjective, it defines the noun for example: Cool autumn, cool day, cool boy and cool guy etc. But if I combine the word “cool” with some verbs as an adverb it comes differently. For instance: Act cool, be cool and look cool.


As I know, this word has been used since last 10 years increasingly. Mostly among the youngsters this word has spread. When they talk about something hip and awesome they use the word. I remember clearly that I heard this word when I was in United States for the first time.


The most known as a big and busy New York city, as a usual evening, the sky filled with stars and sounds noise of busy traffic and signals. I was walking after my dinner by Concert Hall at one of the most famous street 5th Avenue. The concert were closing after the long hours of presenting, when the back door from the Concert Hall opens, hundreds of fans shouting names and screaming “I love you”, hoping to have their autograph on their brand new CDs. Mostly girls and teenagers are standing behind the fence. Four teenage boys in white suits came running to a long white limousine, which was waiting for them. When I see the teenagers there standing and acting like going to die for them and screaming and being so addicted to them. Who are they? It makes me think of why would they act like that???

What makes them to come here and die for these four boys?

My curiosity pushed me to ask one of the youngsters to ask why he was there. He said to me only three words “They are COOL”. They like their style and even they follow their style. They get inspiration and energy when they listen to their music. The band encourages them to follow their examples. All of these make youngsters to think of “They are cool”.


No comments:

Post a Comment